Tuesday, May 25, 2010

MAKE A DIFFERENCE MAY

Everybody has been given unique talents and abilities to put to use in the service of God. God has a special purpose in mind for every single one of His children.

ROMANS 12:3-8
3For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. 4Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.



I believe, without a doubt, that God has given me the gift of creativity. He as also given me a strong spirit of compassion. I have wanted to help others in any way I possibly could ever since I was a child.
God has blessed me with the talent of taking photographs and helping people document special moments in their lives. I want to give back!

So.... this is how "Make a Difference May" came to be. I had been mulling over this idea for over a year, but I was unsure of how to go about it. Once I came up with the concept, I decided on May - because it is lovely outside, the temperature is a happy medium, grass is green, flowers are blooming... and also because May is my anniversary month and it makes me so happy I have to share the love!

I am giving away a free session (and some surprise products!) to one lucky, deserving person or family!

Here's where you come in...
Is there someone you know who would love to have their family or special event captured in photographs to cherish forever?
I want you to nominate someone that you think is deserving of a free photography session. Maybe an illness has taken cherished time away from a family, maybe hard times have taken their tole financially... I just ask that the person you nominate need this opportunity.

*All you have to do is email me at
folsomphotography@yahoo.com
or visit my website at www.folsomphotography.com and contact me there.
Submit your name, address, phone number - the person you are nominating and why. (please more than one sentence but a novel is not required)

Entries will be judged based on need and special circumstances.
Entries must be received by midnight on Saturday, May 29th.
Winner will be announced the first week of June.

Help me Make a Difference this May!

-Courtney

No comments: